Monday, March 10, 2014

Memory: If you got it, flog it

By Mike Nettleton

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."  Mark Twain

"I never forget a face. But in your case I'll be glad to make an exception." Groucho Marx. 

They say, as you get along in years you should exercise the part of your brain that controls memory, just to keep things tuned. Since, I'm all about service lets have a little fun. Music is useful to stimulate memory. But we don't always retain what we hear in the content of songs. You task is simple. Match up the number specific and not so specific dates in column A with the artist who used them in a song. 

To make it sweeter, I'll offer a free Kindle or Nook download of any of the books I've written or co-written (THE SHOTGUN KISS, THE HARD KARMA SHUFFLE, THE CRUSHED VELVET MIASMA, DEATH AT DEVIL'S HARBOR, DECEIT AT DEVILS HARBOR, DRUM WARRIOR) to the first two to leave the correct answers in the comments section of this blog. 

Asking friends and family to help is kosher. Using the internet is not. As Gomer Pyle used to say "Shame, Shame, Shame. 

1.  May 10                         A. Bobby Gentry

2.  July 4                           B. U-2                                  

3.  December 23                C.  Credence Clearwater

4.  September 3                 D.  Earth, Wind, Fire

5.  June 3                          E. Chicago

6.  July 4                           F. Four Seasons

7.  April 4                          G.  Van Morrison

8.  June 6                          H.  Elton John

9.  September 21                I.   The Band

10. November 1963             J.   C.W. McCall

11. Late December 1963      K.  James Taylor

12.  December 3                  L.  The Temptations

13.  Christmas Day               M. Sheryl Crow 

Dig out the old 45s, LP's, Cassettes and CDs and have at it.  I'll provide the answers and the winners of the downloads sometime next week. 













No comments:

Post a Comment